(Irish) Helium - Rudy Fransisco - Review

The first poetry book; and the first book I bought for myself, was 'Helium' by Rudy Fransisco.  This book holds some of my favourite poems ever written.  I never thought I would be the type to enjoy poetry but after watching button poetry on Facebook, I got obsessed.  There isn't anything better than a poem that hits you and makes you feel something.  A piece that gives me chills always ends up being my favourite.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone, even those who don't like poetry.  An amazing thing about button poetry is that you can listen to the poets read their poems on things like Youtube and Spotify.  It can take a minute to listen to one of his poems, I would definitely suggest you take a minute or two out of your day and listen to: 'To the girl who works at Starbucks' or 'Chameleon'.   Instantly getting shivers at the end of each of these.

Rating this out of 10, I would have to definitely give it an 9, disliking how short it was.  I have a love hate relationship with minimalism.  And this book, is what it is; a book filled with poems.  I haven't had time to re-read as much as I would have liked, remembering how much I enjoyed it; I will have to make sure I get round to it soon.

The day I bought this, it was Englands second World Cup match.  I ran into friends and carried this book, dodging an protecting it from alcohol raining down from above.  I don't regret a thing.


Thanks for reading,
Owen Valente.
(2/10/18)

Socials -
Instagram  Twitter

Disclaimer: This image was taken from google and I DO NOT own these images! All the images used, including the ones above, belong to their owners. If the owner wants these images to be taken down they will be immediately.

Comments

Popular Posts